Charlotte's Red Salad
This is one of my favourite salads which my big sister, Charlotte, whips out every time the family gets together. It always goes down a treat. Plus it's really simple to make & looks amazing.
5 small red peppers, cut into wedges (could use conical peppers)
3 small red onions, cut into wedges
4 medium beetroot
4 large carrots, cut in diagonal slices
2 large tomatoes
juice of 1 orange and zest
1 tbsp liquid honey
5 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp sherry vinegar
Salt & pepper
1. Roast peppers and onions at 180 degrees until soft (around 25 mins).
2. Boil beetroot until tender, then remove skins and cut into chunks.
3. Cook carrots until soft.
4. Cut tomatoes into chunks.
5. Mix dressing ingredients together well.
6. Place vegetables on a large white platter, drizzle dressing over, garnish with basil. Serve at room temp.