Irene's Salmon and Black Quinoa with Lemon Coriander Sauce
A heart healthy dish bold in flavour and colour with black quinoa, pink salmon and tender green spinach.
1 fillet of Mt Cook Alpine salmon (1kg), cut into 4-5 fillets (skin on)
Olive oil, for brushing, plus 1 tbp for cooking
1 cup black quinoa
½ cup creme fraiche
Zest and 2 tbp juice from 1 lemon
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
2 tbp chopped fresh coriander
Salt & pepper
400-450g spinach, stalks removed
1 tbp butter
1. Preheat the oven to 200C. Cook the quinoa as per packet instructions (1 cup quinoa to 2 cup boiling water. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Turn the heat off and leave for a few minutes. Remove the lid and fluff with a fork).
2. Put the salmon fillets on a foiled lined baking tray and brush with oil. Season with salt & pepper. Bake the salmon for about 25-30minutes until cooked and slightly golden.
3. Combine the crème fraiche, lemon zest, 1 tbp of the lemon juice, ginger, coriander in a small bowl. Season with salt & pepper. Set aside.
4. Saute the spinach with 1 tbp olive oil until the spinach is wilted. Toss the spinach in the butter and the remaining 1 tbp lemon juice. Season with additional salt to taste.
5. To serve, arrange the spinach on individual serving plates. Place a portion of the quinoa over the spinach and top with a piece of salmon. Drizzle the lemon dressing over the salmon and serve immediately.