This is a quick and healthy meal. Organic chicken boneless thighs are sautéed with asparagus and soy sauce, fish sauce, chilli and freshly chopped garlic. Simply serve on a bed of rice.
500g free range boneless chicken thigh cutlets, cut into bit-sized pieces
250g asparagus, cut into 5cm pieces
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 red chilli (optional), seed removed and chopped
2T soy sauce
2 T fish sauce
1 T water
2 T Canola oil
Jasmine rice (to serve)
1. Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium to high heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Turn the heat down slightly.
3. Add the chicken and sauté for 2 minutes until partially cooked. Remove chicken from the pan with a slotted spoon and transfer onto a plate.
4. Add the asparagus to the pan along with soy sauce, fish sauce and 1 T water. Stir fry for 3 minutes.
5. Add the chicken and remaining 1 T soy sauce. Stir fry for another 2 minutes until the chicken is cooked. Add the chilli (optional) and cook for another 30 seconds.
6. Serve on a bed of rice.